I can’t believe it’s been a month since I last posted anything. There has been lots going on but even so, time has flown.
I’ve done some stitching on King Tut, though not as much as I would have liked. What with holidays; a week at Ulverston in Cumbria, with no internet access (by design); back to school – the first few weeks are always stressful and a successful job interview have all meant that I haven’t done much sewing in the last 3 weeks or so.
So King Tut… I managed a full day sewing on this during my week away and whilst it may not look much it is a start.
The grid has made a big difference to me whilst sewing this as it gave an extra reference point to work to on the dark fabric.
You can see the detail beginning to come through in the headdress, in the end I decided not to add the metallic threads – given my track record on this project I decided it may jinx it again if I messed with it too much!
So my plan this week is to do more on this project – the only problem I may have is that it isn’t easy to stitch on in artificial light and the nights are drawing in. So it may have to be a weekend project rather than an evening one.
If I can’t work comfortably on this on an evening then I plan to begin a blackwork piece having been inspired by Avis from Sewing Beside the Sea she’s working on what looks like it will be a lovely piece when finished and as I know that blackwork sews up quite quickly I think I’ll make one of my store cupboard kits my 2nd project.
Will let you know how it goes. Enjoy your stitching.